When going out for a manicure, you will be given different choices by your manicurist. You can either get a gel manicure or the most popular trend these days – Pintauñas semipermanentes or semi-permanent nails. Each of these options has its own advantages that you should be aware of before you make the decision. If you are still not sure whether to go for gel or semi-permanent, then this article is definitely for you. Let us go ahead and take a look at the difference of each to help you decide.
All About Semi-Permanent Manicure.
The semi-permanent manicure, on the other hand, is simply a color that you place over your nails. Unlike traditional nail polish, the semi-permanent polish can last longer. This is perfect for women who do not have the time to regularly go to the nail salon to have their nails done. The process is fast because of the UV lamp used to dry it and it is also stronger than other manicure options.
- Who Chooses It? Semi-permanent manicure is perfect for individuals who already have strong and resistant nails but do not have time for frequent manicure appointments.
- Semi-permanent nails can last for 10 to 15 days but may last longer for some. Its longevity would depend on the person and how fast their nails grow.
- Retouch Options. With semi-permanent nails, retouching is not an option. You have to completely remove and have it done again. If you do it on your own, you have to use the right file and solvent and start all over again.
- This is one of the advantages of semi-permanent manicure. The process is very fast and easy. You are done for at least 30 to 40 minutes. But right after the manicure, you can go and get back to work. There’s no more need to wait around for it to completely dry off.
All About Gel Manicure.
With gel manicure, it is like a structure that can help shape, correct, as well as strengthen your nails to the length that you want to have. This is a perfect choice if you have weak nails or if you have a hard time growing it longer. The gel manicure can help correct your nails. It can reconstruct it and give you the length that you need.
- Who Chooses It? Gel manicure is the best option for those who have weak nails especially those who have nails that hardly grow and flake off.
- A gel manicure can last for 2 to 3 weeks but it may vary on each person.
- Retouch Options. Unlike the semi-permanent manicure, gel manicures can be retouched. You can do this after the third week of application. All you have to do is file it, remove the detachment and rebalance it on your nails.
- When you have a gel manicure done, expect to be at the salon for at least an hour. Gel treatments take this long to finish.
DIY Semi-Permanent Manicure
Doing your semi-permanent manicure at home is not that difficult. If you already know how to fix your nails on your own, then it is no different with the semi-permanent nails. All you need is to have the right products and equipment (especially a UV lamp) to make sure that the process will be as quick and easy as it is done in the salon.